A program customized for you
Improved Cardiac Recovery Through Ongoing Support
The outpatient cardiac rehabilitation program at Beth Israel helps you recover from cardiac events such as a heart attack or bypass surgery and reach your maximum physical and emotional potential.
Through education, exercise, counseling and support, our caring and experienced staff helps patients and their families cope with the demands and challenges of cardiac disease.
We also offer an Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program, that helps patients with chronic lung diseases such as emphysema, bronchitis or asthma, increase their activity level, control shortness of breath and improve their overall quality of life.
Conditions Covered by Most Insurances
- Heart attack within the last 12 months
- Cardiac stent placed within the last 12 months
- Coronary artery bypass surgery or valve repair/replacement within the last 12 months
- Heart transplant within the last 12 months
- Congestive heart failure
- Stable Angina (Chest pain)
- Peripheral Artery Disease
The Program Provides
- An individual care plan focused on helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.
- An exercise prescription tailored to your capabilities or limitation by a Clinical Exercise Physiologist.
- Education on methods and approaches to better manage your cardiac disease.
- 1:1 consultation and follow-ups with a registered dietitian.
Benefits from Attending the Program
- Improvement in blood pressure and heart rate control
- Improved breathing patterns
- Improved quality of life
- Increased muscular strength and endurance
- Greater intendance
- Emotional and social support
Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program
We also offer an Outpatient Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program where those with chronic lung diseases — such as emphysema, bronchitis or asthma — can increase their activity level, control shortness of breath and improve their overall quality of life.
Treatments We Offer
Participating in our cardiac rehab program can help you better understand and manage your cardiac condition. As part of your individualized program, you can expect:
- Heart-Healthy Diet Plan
- Medically Supervised Exercise
- Ongoing Support
- Stress Management