Awards & Accreditations
Reflecting Our Commitment to Safety and Quality
Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth is committed to achieving high quality and safe care for the patients we serve. In recognition of that aim, BID Plymouth is accredited by:
- The American College of Radiology
- The Commission on Laboratory Accreditation of the College of American Pathologists
- The Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital–Plymouth's Joint Commission Quality Report
- The American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
BID Plymouth received its commendation from the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer due to its cancer program both complying with best practices in cancer care but also for scoring higher than state and national averages in all quality measurements for medical and radiation oncology.
BID Plymouth Awards and Recognitions
The hospital has earned the top safety grade from The Leapfrog Group 15 times in a row for continued commitment to patient safety. BID Plymouth has also received the American Heart Association’s Get With The Guidelines - Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award for its commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines. This ultimately leads to more lives saved and reduced disability.
In recognition of its commitment to racial equity in hospital-based breastfeeding support, BID Plymouth has also been honored with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health’s Breastfeeding Achievement Award. BID Plymouth was one of only 15 birthing facilities in the state to receive this recognition.
Additional recognitions include:
- Earned ‘Health System Pharmacy of the Year’ Award from Massachusetts Society of Health Pharmacists.
- Earned national recognition from the American Heart Association for cardiovascular treatment.
- Received a 5-star rating from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in its Overall Hospital Quality Star ratings.
Recognition for Nurses at BID Plymouth
In addition to the above awards and accreditations, BID Plymouth also makes several award opportunities available to nurses to recognize their work. Learn about these awards below.
Nursing Excellence Award
- Awarded annually by the BID Plymouth Department of Nursing to a staff nurse nominated by their peers who exemplifies excellent clinical skills, outstanding commitment to patients and their families, strong professional collaboration, positive team spirit and attitude, and a high commitment to great customer service.
Our responsibility as members of the BID Plymouth Department of Nursing is to ensure that patients and families receive the very best care, from the very best staff, in the safest environment.
We strive to convey to the next generation of nurses that they aren't just learning new job skills — at BID Plymouth they're joining a professional nursing staff with a legacy of service and social commitment. We hope you will consider joining us on this journey by reviewing available career opportunities within the Department of Nursing.