Hospice Care at Cranberry Hospice
For more than 25 years, Cranberry Hospice has cared for patients and their families in Plymouth County, the South Shore and Cape Cod. You can trust us to provide the end-of-life care you need in the comfort of your residence, nursing home, assisted-living facility or any other place you call home.
Our Philosophy of Care
Quality hospice care should take place in a setting that instills meaning and purpose. We are dedicated to providing you and your loved ones with strength, support and compassion throughout your journey.
We can manage your pain and symptoms with medications to keep you as comfortable as possible. Our patients deserve to be defined by their relationships, emotions, accomplishments, thoughts, plans and values rather than by their disease. Your physical and emotional freedom, dignity and the right to choose are at the forefront of everything we do.
Your Personalized Care Plan
Cranberry Hospice's care plan includes an ongoing, comprehensive assessment of your needs. Our team of professionals coordinates all aspects of care based on your plan. We blend personal preferences and desires with realistic expectations. And we can help you access the community resources to meet your needs.
Your Hospice Team is Here for You
The caring staff of Cranberry Hospice helps patients live out the remainder of their lives with a focus on comfort and dignity. During every step in the process, we work closely with your doctor to ensure your needs are met.
- Our medical director oversees your medical services working cooperatively with your doctor.
- A pastoral counselor offers spiritual counseling and coordinates support from your pastor or other clergy.
- Certified home health aides offer personal care, including bathing, meal preparation and light housekeeping.
- Grief services include individual counseling, support groups, correspondence and memorial services.
- Licensed social workers offer support and grief counseling to you and your family. They will provide information on additional resources.
- Nutritionists offer dietary support.
- Registered nurses coordinate your care to manage pain and symptoms.
- Rehabilitation therapists offer physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Trained volunteers offer you and your family companionship, social support and time to leave home for personal errands.
Compassionate Quality of Service
We continually measure and improve the effectiveness of our care. We value feedback from those whose lives we touch.
At Cranberry Hospice, we are honored to be invited into the homes and lives of our patients facing life-limiting illnesses. We accept the challenge of giving a voice to those whose needs and preferences are not always heard by others.
Hospice care is not simply about life's last days or moments. Individuals with early access to quality hospice care have an increased quality of life.
At Cranberry Hospice, we work with the medical and local communities to promote the value of palliative care and hospice services. We build collaborative relationships across health care services to serve you better.
To Make a Referral
To make a referral to Cranberry Hospice, please call our main number at 508-746-0215 and ask for the Intake Department. We are an approved provider for health maintenance organizations (HMOs), Medicare, Medicaid and most private insurance companies.
Our clinical nurse supervisor is available to speak with patients, family members and doctors to answer any questions regarding hospice.
Cranberry Hospice helps patients to live out the remainder of their lives. We provide the comfort you and your family need. Call 508-746-0215, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Committed and enthusiastic care that promotes living life to the fullest.
- Compassionate understanding and consistent service.
- Creative and innovative ways to help achieve goals.
- Exceeding expectations while fostering independence.
- Fostering hope and courage while preparing for death.
- Healing bereavement services.
- Honest interactions and informed consent.
- Honoring and advocating for our patients and their family’s dignity and needs.
- Meeting people where they are.
- Patient and family-focused goals and outcomes.
- Respecting patient interests and limitations.
- Treating everyone as we want our loved ones to be treated.
A team of hospice professionals and volunteers work cooperatively with you, your family and your doctor. Our hospice volunteers are essential members of your team.
Volunteers are community residents from the towns we serve. These individuals strive to make a difference in others' lives.
Hospice volunteers perform important and rewarding work to:
- Allow family members breaks from providing care to their loved one.
- Assist with errands or transportation.
- Help with fundraising activities.
- Encourage communication within the family.
- Help in the hospice office with clerical tasks.
- Provide companionship, support and understanding to our patients and their family and friends.
- Support the family through their loved one’s death and share in their grief.
Cranberry Hospice offers a comprehensive training program and ongoing, monthly support to help you create memorable and often lasting relationships with others.